24 February 2009

But God

The gospel in two words: "But God."

But God remembered Noah . . . (Gen 8:1)

But God will ransom my soul . . . (Ps 48:15)

But God raised him on the third day . . . (Acts 10:40)

But God, who comforts the downcast . . . (2 Cor 7:6)

But God, being rich in mercy . . . (Eph 2:4)

But God. I have given the Lord every reason to say and. I hated him. Gave him the finger. He should have said and. He said but. And would have sent me to hell. But sent Christ to earth and heaven to me. All praise to him.

This thought formed while listening to a sermon, typically refreshing and helpful, from Zack Eswine, entitled "Ministry as a Human Being," on 2 Cor 5, preached Feb 15 2009.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great! What immediately came to mind as I read your post, as I've been reading through Romans recently, is Rom. 3:21..."But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law", in response to the dire situation of human sin and rebellion that both Jews and Gentiles are encased in.